ABOUT THE CSLEA FOUNDATION
The CSLEA Consumer Protection & Public Safety Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization of the California Statewide Law Enforcement Association.
From the CSLEA website:
We are America's most fascinating law enforcement association.
We make that claim based on this indisputable fact: No other group of people do as many varied public safety and consumer protection jobs for the people they serve - in our case, every Californian - than the men and women of the California Statewide Law Enforcement Association.
Our membership is made up of:
- Special Agents who are California's most important contribution to the war on terror and border security
- Fish and Game Wardens and State Park Rangers who guard California's natural resources
- Firefighters who protect California's most valuable public possessions
- Investigators who root out insurance scams and crack down on unhygienic food manufacturers and faulty medical device suppliers
- Inspectors who keep auto repair shops honest and milk producers and gas station operators from short-changing their customers
- 911 dispatchers who are on the receiving end of 90 percent of California's emergency calls
CSLEA members are also on the front lines of vehicle safety:
- making sure students and teachers don't speed through drivers' education classes
- keeping the worst drivers from ever getting licensed
- investigating the most grizzly accidents
- inspecting the tour and school busses transporting our loved ones
...Want real-life CSIs? We got them, too! Our Criminalists for the California Department of Justice are making cold-case hits from DNA evidence that have nailed murderers who thought time had put them at a safe distance from capture.
CSLEA members also:
- put child molesters and sed offenders behind bars
- save swimmers from drowning
- find lost hikers
- investigate arson and bombings
- stop elder abuse
Here are two other important jobs our CSLEA investigators do: Save the taxpayers billions from waste, fraud and abuse, and protect the integrity of the state of California itself.
- our investigators for the State Lottery hunt down scammers and fraudulent winners
- our investigators for the Employment Development Department make sure recipients are collecting just one unemployment check, not a dozen
- our investigators for the Public Employment Retirement Board make sure those who are receiving disability retirement are indeed disabled
- and how about that No. 1 document identifying you as a citizen of the state of California - your drivers' license or state identification card? Our DMV investigators put a stop to fake IDs and work to prevent ID theft
CSLEA's 7,000 members can be found in 160 different job classifications within 43 state government departments and agencies. To learn more about them, visit the CSLEA website and click the "Affiliates" button.
The California Union of Safety Employees (CAUSE) was the former name of the California Statewide Law Enforcement Association (CSLEA). When the Dills Act put all state employees into various bargaining units, CAUSE was elected in 1981 to represent the Unit 7 state employees of what is now CLSEA.